Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

Posted May 25, 2016 08:03 PM

Is Dynamic VLAN supported when Bridge WLAN is implemented?, or does it require tunnel mode?

• 2.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2016 08:08 PM
    Yes.

• 3.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

Posted May 25, 2016 09:59 PM

Rhanks for your answer. when configuring the WLAN I use any of the VLANs?

• 4.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

Posted May 26, 2016 06:21 PM

Hi,

I have an additional question, what VLAN should I use when creating the WLAN?, should it be one of the ones I'm going to use for dynamic assignment or could it be any?

• 5.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 07:26 PM

How do you plan on doing dynamic vlan assignment?

• 6.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

Posted May 26, 2016 08:04 PM

Hi,

With NPS. I did that config with Filter ID attribute for some Tunnel mode WLAN and it worked, but I'm not sure for Bridge mode WLANs

• 7.  RE: Dynamic VLAN with Bridge WLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 08:57 PM

What you should be doing is returning the Aruba-User-Vlan attribute instead of using derivation rules.  It does not matter what the Virtual AP VLAN is, the Aruba-User-Vlan attribute will override it and tag the user traffic and send it out the wired interface of the AP.  The AP sytem profile has a VLAN parameter.  Only bridged traffic whose vlan matches this parameter is untagged.  All of the other traffic with VLANs that differ from that parameter, whether it be the Virtual AP or from the Aruba-User-Vlan attribute will be tagged out the physical interface of the AP.

I hope that helps.