Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamically Changing the Internet IP in a Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Dynamically Changing the Internet IP in a Controller

Posted Jun 16, 2014 12:39 AM

Hi,

We have a MC 3600 and about 125 APs with averaging 400-500 concurrent daily wireless users in our network. We've got a pool of 5 live IPs from our ISP and one of the IPs is terminating directly onto the controller (VLAN IP). By some interim law, local authorities blacklist an live IP whenever voice traffic limit is reached and we have to always manually change the live IP in the controller. You cannot really predict when would the IP go down leaving us being in reactive mode. Also, upon request, the blocked IP is set to be usable again in about 48-72 hours and the cycle goes on and on...

Now my question is, is there a way that we can automate all this activity in Aruba controller? May be there is way to set pool of back-up IPs for relevant VLANs? or any Aruba or thrid-party script can do this?

* Please assume there is no external firewall or any router in the network.

Any suggestion would be highly appriciated.

• 2.  RE: Dynamically Changing the Internet IP in a Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2014 04:10 AM

aruba.markus,

There is no way that I know of to signal to a controller to change its ip address dynamically, no.

• 3.  RE: Dynamically Changing the Internet IP in a Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2014 08:27 AM

You could write a script that SSH's into the controller and changes the IP and tie it to a cron job.

• 4.  RE: Dynamically Changing the Internet IP in a Controller

Posted Jun 16, 2014 10:06 AM

cjoseph Thanks for your response :)

cappalli Can you please help me write that script? I have actually never tried automating set of commands for Aruba controller via scripts.