Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

E911 with wireless phones and Cisco emergency responder

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  E911 with wireless phones and Cisco emergency responder

Posted May 22, 2014 10:30 PM

The use of a few AP-groups, and Vlan pooling which seems to be best practice won't work with E911 CER as we are wanting to report down to the floor or building area. One of my tasks is to make sure our wireless phones which are Cisco 7921-25's report the correct location to cisco CER. Currently the way we are setup now is a seperate OSPF vlan and and AP-group for each building, or floor. I was looking to move it to a few use a few AP groups, and pool vlans.  Is there any othe tool to trianglate using airwave that could report to CER? Someone also told me clearpass can be used but it wasn't clear how that could happen. I read the document below it doesn't  really give any other way other then doing what we have now seperate subnet for each building breaking down a few ap's to each subnet. They seem to say how one would just tell E911 the location of the enterence to the building where security could respond that isn't good enough for us. I work for an electric utiltiy and we have wireless phones in use at power plants some are very large we need to be able to locate where people are.  

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/TB_EMERCALL.pdf?repo=tech 

• 2.  RE: E911 with wireless phones and Cisco emergency responder

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2014 12:03 AM

The link has information about the Redsky infrastructure which will report the location of the device.

• 3.  RE: E911 with wireless phones and Cisco emergency responder

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2014 08:36 AM
    We use Redsky.

• 4.  RE: E911 with wireless phones and Cisco emergency responder

Posted May 23, 2014 08:40 AM

I will check into that, but without redsky Aurba does not provide any other way of doing this except for breaking the entire wifi network into 100's of subnets. We have already purchaced CER and implimented it for over 10000 wired cisco VOIP phones this product looks like a replacement for CER.