Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

EIRP scale in the controller settings.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  EIRP scale in the controller settings.

Posted May 02, 2016 03:41 PM

In the controller, under Conifguration / Advanced Serevices / All Profiles ARM, there is a setting for EIRP. It's a scale of 3 to 127. What is this scale in relation to? I know it isn't mW or dBm.

• 2.  RE: EIRP scale in the controller settings.

Posted May 02, 2016 03:43 PM
    >From the user guide:
    Max Tx EIRP

Maximum effective isotropic radiated power (EIRP) from 3 to 33 dBm in 3 dBm increments. You may also specify a special value of 127 dBm for regulatory maximum. Higher power level settings may be constrained by local regulatory requirements and AP capabilities. In the event that an AP is configured for a Max Tx EIRP setting it cannot support, this value will be reduced to the highest supported power setting. The default value for this parameter is 127 dBm.

• 3.  RE: EIRP scale in the controller settings.

Posted May 02, 2016 03:53 PM
    I guess the 127 threw me off. That's a lot of power. I'm fine with 33 (approx 2 W). So the scale is dBm.

• 4.  RE: EIRP scale in the controller settings.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2016 04:01 PM

It's an aritrarily large number, but no AP will go that high obviously. So if you select '127', it will be the AP max regulatory.