Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ESSID picks up old VLAN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ESSID picks up old VLAN

Posted Mar 13, 2015 11:57 AM

I have an issue with an ESSID still picking up a VLAN I had removed from the VLAN Pool "General-802.1x "

I added a new VLAN, 201 and removed the exisiting one, VLAN 100.  But when looking at the ESSID summary it still shows VLAN 100.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?  I opened a TAC case and the Aruba Tech advised to rebooted the controller.  I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and has resovled it without rebooting the controller.

Vlan Mapping Table
    ------------------
    VLAN Name Pool Status Assignment Type VLAN IDs
    --------- ----------- --------------- --------

General-802.1x    Enabled      Hash             201

ESSID Summary
    -------------
    ESSID         APs  Clients  VLAN(s)  Encryption
    -----         ---  -------  -------  ----------
    WIFINET1  48   5        201,100  Dynamic WPA,WPA 8021X AES,WPA2 8021X TKIP,WPA2 8021X AES

WIFINET2     48   3        201,100  Dynamic WPA,WPA 8021X AES,WPA2 8021X TKIP,WPA2 8021X AES

• 2.  RE: ESSID picks up old VLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2015 01:18 PM

Is the virtual AP tied to the VLAN name?  If this is a master/local configuration, make sure you type "write mem" or save configuration on the master.

• 3.  RE: ESSID picks up old VLAN

Posted Mar 13, 2015 04:54 PM

Yes, it's tied to the VLAN name.  The controller is a local controller and I did save the configurations on the local and master controller.  Still did not remove vlan 100 from the ESSID.

• 4.  RE: ESSID picks up old VLAN

Posted Mar 20, 2015 07:19 AM

Hi,

In the provided output I'm seeing some clients connected hence it is showing the old vlan id along with the new one. you disconnect all the clients ( aaa user delete all) and then do writememory on the master and then see the output. I believe it is because of the Client association nothing else.

please feel free for any further help on this.

• 5.  RE: ESSID picks up old VLAN

Posted Mar 23, 2015 04:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion and I had already done that and it still didn't go away.  I just ended up rebooting the controller and it went away.