Wireless Access

Contributor I

Enabling Bonjour services on the 7005 controller.

Folks,

Recently one of my customer reported that he is unable to do any printing on the Wireless network through the Apple macbook.

It seems that I may have to enable some services in the Airplay options. Is it correct to go to Advanced Services --> Airgroup and there click on Airgroup Settings. Under this enable the MDNS Status. Will this help and be enough?

How can I see some loge which actually show me that Printing is being blocked?

Thanks,

N

Guru Elite

Re: Enabling Bonjour services on the 7005 controller.

How is the customer doing printing?  Is it direct IP printing?  Does he have a print server?

FIRST Check your user role to make sure that the printer ports are not being blocked by firewall policies.  Use an "allowall" firewall policy to check.

If the user is using the same ip scheme as before and cannot print, you should check his user role to see if it is blocking printer ports because:

- By default Airgroup is enabled

- By Default Airprint is Enabled

Airgroup is only necessary if "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" is enabled on the Virtual AP, or printers are on a different subnet.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

This goes through a Print server. The printer is on a different subnet than the Wireless user.

Where can I check if "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" is enable on the Virtual AP? Are there some commands that I can use to see if some print service are getting dropped on the controller?

Thanks,

N.

Guru Elite

If it is a print server, it is not using bonjour, because the print server would need to be on the same subnet.  Find out what printer port the print server uses, or make sure the user has an allowall role to sidestep any problems you have.  To see if any ports are being blocked, type "show datapath session table <ip address of user> while the user is printing.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

There was a confusion at my end, it is a direct IP printing services. The user is in the Wireless network and the printer is on the wireless LAN network.

Any suggestions?

Let me see what the datapath session shows me.

Thanks.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: