Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Enabling cluster root on live network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Enabling cluster root on live network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 05:10 PM

Hi,

I would like at some stage to enable the existing master controller in a large deployment to be the cluster root in order to allow APs from another master to be able to failover to to it.

What are the implications of doing this in a live environment?  Does it mean that all local controllers will need to be rebooted and APs recertified?  Unfortunately it's not so clear in the UG.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Enabling cluster root on live network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 05:33 PM

Michael_Clarke,

Yes, it would require the access points to reboot and get a certificate.

• 3.  RE: Enabling cluster root on live network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2013 03:35 AM

do you mean all aps on the root cluster, or just those on the member cluster?

• 4.  RE: Enabling cluster root on live network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2013 07:56 AM

If you do not have a cluster root, you would have to establish one. (reboot of aps is required, and reboot of local controllers connected to that master controller will be required)

If you ALREADY have a cluster root, you would have to make the new controller a cluster member or back up cluster root which would require a reboot of all access points on THAT controller, AND reboot of locals connected to that controller if that controller is a master.

• 5.  RE: Enabling cluster root on live network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2013 08:24 AM

ok, that's great.  thanks for clarifying.

What about the backup master?  If I make the master a cluster root, do I need to do anything to the backup?

Thanks