Wireless Access

ack
Occasional Contributor II

Enabling control plane security

Currently I have an Aruba 3200 (non XM) that tunnels all WLAN traffic to the controller.  I want to switch to bridge forwarding.  I need control plane security enabled and for the APs to re-join and get accepted by the controller for bridge forwarding correct?  I will enable auto-cert provisioning so that any AP that contacts my controller will be accepted. 

If I need to enable control plane security I should plan for downtime, correct?  If so, any idea how long the whole process should take? Just one 3200 and 18 AP-105s in this network.

Thanks

MVP

Re: Enabling control plane security

I need control plane security enabled and for the APs to re-join and get accepted by the controller for bridge forwarding correct?  I will enable auto-cert provisioning so that any AP that contacts my controller will be accepted. 

Correct

If I need to enable control plane security I should plan for downtime, correct?  If so, any idea how long the whole process should take? Just one 3200 and 18 AP-105s in this

You should plan for a downtime for 30-45 minutes because APs need to reboot after you enabled CPSec, it may take less then that but just in case..

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

Re: Enabling control plane security

This is based on an M3 controller but this gives you an idea:

2014-10-28 11_10_21-www.arubanetworks.com_wp-content_uploads_MControllerVRDV9.pdf.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: