Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Posted Sep 25, 2016 08:59 AM

I cannot get a third party certificate to be installed on a controller.

I think I got the certificate right but I'm still having this error message : Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store.

Since this wildcard certificate will be installed on several controllers/servers, our procedure requires to use a CSR generated by OpenSSL. Therefore, the CSR was not issued by the controller I'm testing this on.

I did open a case yesterday with the TAC but I'm wondering if someone else had to deal with that kind of problem before.

Do I need to remove the CSR and private key on each controller? I'm really doubtful but I'm open to try it if it is possible.

• 2.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2016 09:26 AM

• 3.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Posted Sep 25, 2016 09:28 AM
    Colin,

No, I wasn't successful so far with that certificate. Otherwise, that would be too easy. :-)

• 4.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2016 09:37 AM
    Did you convert the key pair + CA certs into a PFX/p12 file?

• 5.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Posted Sep 25, 2016 09:38 AM
    I did not. I only added the private key and server cert to the chain then save the file.

I'll try right now.

• 6.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 25, 2016 02:16 PM

I would honestly try to do another CSR on the controller and submit that to your CA.  You can export the certificate later and then import it to other controllers, if necessary.

• 7.  RE: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Posted Sep 25, 2016 05:55 PM

Worked like a charm as soon as I integrated the whole chain into a PFX.

That was the first time that I attempted this. I'll be testing and documenting this over the next week for my team but, so far, the PFX file looks to be a lot simpler than other methods.

Thanks for the help.