Wireless Access

Contributor II

Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

I cannot get a third party certificate to be installed on a controller.

I think I got the certificate right but I'm still having this error message : Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store.

Since this wildcard certificate will be installed on several controllers/servers, our procedure requires to use a CSR generated by OpenSSL. Therefore, the CSR was not issued by the controller I'm testing this on.

I did open a case yesterday with the TAC but I'm wondering if someone else had to deal with that kind of problem before.

Do I need to remove the CSR and private key on each controller? I'm really doubtful but I'm open to try it if it is possible.

Simon
Guru Elite

Re: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

Colin,

No, I wasn't successful so far with that certificate. Otherwise, that would be too easy. :-)
Simon
Guru Elite

Did you convert the key pair + CA certs into a PFX/p12 file?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

I did not. I only added the private key and server cert to the chain then save the file.

I'll try right now.
Simon
Guru Elite

I would honestly try to do another CSR on the controller and submit that to your CA.  You can export the certificate later and then import it to other controllers, if necessary.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Worked like a charm as soon as I integrated the whole chain into a PFX.

That was the first time that I attempted this. I'll be testing and documenting this over the next week for my team but, so far, the PFX file looks to be a lot simpler than other methods.

Thanks for the help.

Simon
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: