Wireless Access

Error message in logs - An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_sysctl.c

I'm getting the error logs filling up with these messages.

Oct 16 12:47:02 <sapd 311020>  <ERRS> |AP BR-VAC-CTL-WAP029@172.16.55.7 sapd|  An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_sysctl.c function sapd_sysctl_write_param line 77 error Error opening /proc/sys/net/aruba_asap/aruba003/bw_share : No such file or directory.

They are coming from all APs at one particular site.  The APs are RAPs as well.

version - 6.2.1.3

Should I be concerned by this?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com

Re: Error message in logs - An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_sysctl.c

According to the syslog message guide
An internal system error has occurred at file [file:%s] function [function:%s] line [line:%d]
error [error:%s].
Description: This log indicates that we encountered an internal system error.
Recommended Action: Contact your support provider

Best recommendation is to contact TAC...
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Re: Error message in logs - An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_sysctl.c

Ah yes, forgot to check that.  Case raised with TAC.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294

I'd be curious to know what the message means.
ACDX #420 | ACMP

the error message contains 'bw_share' and I have bandwidth contracts for some of the ssids on those APs so I guest it has something to do with that.  I will let you know what TAC say.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294

I figured as much. Are you using bandwitdth contracts in split-tunnel? Just curious.
ACDX #420 | ACMP

the bandwidth contracts on the tunnelled ssids.  Another ssid is bridge but no bw contract on that one.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294

Support have said the message is inocuous.

Explanation Provided:

• Also that I did a research on these messages & I only see these messages to be more of an internal or background process related message.
  • The same cannot be manually disabled & that we have it fixed in 6.3.X.X.

All good then.  :smileyhappy:

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: