Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 16, 2018 07:35 AM

Hello,

I´m trying to upload a certificate and I´m getting this error "Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error"

The first thing I did, was to generate a CSR from the controller, but the controller can´t permit to generate CSR with SHA-2.

So I generated a CSR with opensll in a linux machine, then send to sign with my CA, and after that again with openssl, I generate a certificate (both PEM and PFX format, to be sure that the problem is not the format).

When I tried to upload it´s when I get the error

If I signed the CSR generate from the controller I could uploaded with no problem.

cheers!

• 2.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 16, 2018 09:17 AM

What is the error message? If it is about private key mismatch, you need to convert the key pair plus CA certs into a PFX/PKCS#12 file.

• 3.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 17, 2018 02:43 AM

the error message it´s as unspecific as that, "Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error", it´s the only message I get.

I alredy generated the certficate converting the key pair and plus CA certs into a PFX/PKCS#12 file.

I uploaded the certificate into another machine as a test and works fine ...

• 4.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2018 06:52 AM

Unfortunately, when you generate a CSR on the controller, it expects you to upload a certificate generated with that CSR.  Try the following command on the commandline to see if it will remove the CSR:

restore factory_default certificate

• 5.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2018 07:01 AM

Alternatively, you can PM me the original CSR and I will generate a certificate that you can upload and then delete.

• 6.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 17, 2018 07:11 AM

Hi cjoseph,

It seem your instrucction will do the trick, but I have question based on the commands structure. When I execute the command will it delete only the csr or  will it delete all the certificates uploaded on the machine?

Based on your second post, if I will generate a certificate based on original CSR and I will generate the certificate and then delete it, Can I uploaded de openssl certificate without problems? Because I think I alredy do that as a test, but I can try it again

• 7.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2018 07:15 AM

@guilleresines wrote:

Hi cjoseph,

It seem your instrucction will do the trick, but I have question based on the commands structure. When I execute the command will it delete only the csr or  will it delete all the certificates uploaded on the machine? ALL

Based on your second post, if I will generate a certificate based on original CSR and I will generate the certificate and then delete it, Can I uploaded de openssl certificate without problems? Because I think I alredy do that as a test, but I can try it again  You should be able to, yes.

• 8.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 17, 2018 07:18 AM

Ok, first I will tryto upload the original CSR certificate and if  it fails I will try to run the command.

I will let you know the results

• 9.  RE: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Posted May 28, 2018 02:57 AM

Hi,

I uploaded the certificate based on CSR generated from the controller  and then deleted it, but when I tried to upload the SHA2 certificate I am getting the same error message.

I will try to run the command to restore the certificates and I´ll let yo know the results

cheers