Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

Hello,

I´m trying to upload a certificate and I´m getting this error "Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error"

The first thing I did, was to generate a CSR from the controller, but the controller can´t permit to generate CSR with SHA-2.

So I generated a CSR with opensll in a linux machine, then send to sign with my CA, and after that again with openssl, I generate a certificate (both PEM and PFX format, to be sure that the problem is not the format).

When I tried to upload it´s when I get the error

If I signed the CSR generate from the controller I could uploaded with no problem.

cheers!

Super Contributor I

Re: Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error

What is the error message? If it is about private key mismatch, you need to convert the key pair plus CA certs into a PFX/PKCS#12 file.

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Occasional Contributor I

the error message it´s as unspecific as that, "Error uploading a certificate: CertMgr error", it´s the only message I get.

I alredy generated the certficate converting the key pair and plus CA certs into a PFX/PKCS#12 file.

I uploaded the certificate into another machine as a test and works fine ...

Guru Elite

Unfortunately, when you generate a CSR on the controller, it expects you to upload a certificate generated with that CSR.  Try the following command on the commandline to see if it will remove the CSR:

restore factory_default certificate

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Guru Elite

Alternatively, you can PM me the original CSR and I will generate a certificate that you can upload and then delete.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor I

Hi cjoseph,

It seem your instrucction will do the trick, but I have question based on the commands structure. When I execute the command will it delete only the csr or  will it delete all the certificates uploaded on the machine?

Based on your second post, if I will generate a certificate based on original CSR and I will generate the certificate and then delete it, Can I uploaded de openssl certificate without problems? Because I think I alredy do that as a test, but I can try it again

Guru Elite

@guilleresines wrote:

Hi cjoseph,

It seem your instrucction will do the trick, but I have question based on the commands structure. When I execute the command will it delete only the csr or  will it delete all the certificates uploaded on the machine? ALL

Based on your second post, if I will generate a certificate based on original CSR and I will generate the certificate and then delete it, Can I uploaded de openssl certificate without problems? Because I think I alredy do that as a test, but I can try it again  You should be able to, yes.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor I

Ok, first I will tryto upload the original CSR certificate and if  it fails I will try to run the command.

I will let you know the results

Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

I uploaded the certificate based on CSR generated from the controller  and then deleted it, but when I tried to upload the SHA2 certificate I am getting the same error message.

I will try to run the command to restore the certificates and I´ll let yo know the results

cheers

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: