Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 20, 2016 10:43 AM

Hello,

We are deploying a new local and I am trying to update the existing locals with the new striping and lms addresses:

ap-lacp-striping-ip
    striping-ip 131.111.1.49 lms 131.111.1.48

but I get the error:

Error: wired-ap-enable is set in wired-ap profile "ucs-rnb_wiredap". You cannot set striping-ip(striping[131.111.1.41], lms[131.111.1.40] in Lacp-striping-ip Profile

Note that the addresses in the error do not correspond to the addresses I am trying to add. Can you help?

Many thanks,

• 2.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 20, 2016 01:59 PM

The "Wired Port" setting on the AP profile cannot be set while configuring an AP in an LACP channel.  I used to have to do this in a situation whil piggy backing a device off the secong AP port.  This can be set through the "All Profiles" under "Advanced Configuration" find the named profile and unckeck the box in the picture I have attached.

wired-ap-profile.PNG 

• 3.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 22, 2016 06:18 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't really help. I am not trying to configure an AP (or wired profile), I am trying to update the ap-lacp-striping table on existing controllers with new striping/lms addresses as we are deploying a new controller. Can anyone help with this or should I raise a case?

• 4.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 22, 2016 11:13 AM

like dymes already told you, please verify the profile "ucs-rnb_wiredap"

This one has the wired-ap enabled checkbox ticked and causing this error.

You will need to uncheck it, then you can change the striping ip and afterwards, if needed, you can again check the wired-ap box in the same profile.

Kind regards,

• 5.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 22, 2016 11:58 AM

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for clarifying. I'll go ahead and do that - but it seems to me that it is a bodge to get around what looks like a bug, no?

• 6.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 22, 2016 01:37 PM

Hi,

Sorry I must not have fully explained it.  On earlier versions of 6.4, with the wired AP setting, the OS would allow you to setup the striping IP.  What would happen is when setting up an AP in an LACP channel, the channel would not form and the AP would just never work.  So not allowing the striping IP with Wired-Ap enabled in a profile is a nice enhancement to stop a potential problem. 

• 7.  RE: Error when adding ap lacp striping ip to local

Posted Jun 23, 2016 05:23 AM

Thanks for explaining, this is pretty new to me. It just seems like something that the software should be smart enough to avoid - ie automatically not applying the setting to aps with wired ap profiles set, but I'm probably missing something!