Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error - xSec allowed VLANS are required for xSec Point-to-Point Configuration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Error - xSec allowed VLANS are required for xSec Point-to-Point Configuration

Posted Aug 10, 2015 07:44 PM

I'm getting the error mentione in the subject when trying to apply any port configuration in the Web UI of a 7005 controller running 6.4.2.10.

This is a controller right out of the box.  I've licensed it and put some IPs on it.  I was able to get LACP configuration to stick as well.  I started on an earlier version and got the error, so I updated to the latest and greatest and still get the same thing.

I don't have an xSec license and the xSec module is disabled, so I don't understand why I'm getting this message.

Please advise.

Thanks.

*I guess it's not an error, because configuration seems to be sticking, but it's annoying since I don't have xSec enabled anywhere.  Should I just ignore it?

• 2.  RE: Error - xSec allowed VLANS are required for xSec Point-to-Point Configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2015 01:54 AM

Open a TAC case to make sure, but you should be able to ignore it. xSec isn't even supported on the 7000 controllers.

• 3.  RE: Error - xSec allowed VLANS are required for xSec Point-to-Point Configuration

Posted Aug 11, 2015 01:03 PM

Thanks.  I will put in a request with TAC to let me know if this is something I should be concerned about.

• 4.  RE: Error - xSec allowed VLANS are required for xSec Point-to-Point Configuration

Posted Aug 18, 2015 01:06 PM

TAC is still working on it in the lab per their last reply to me.