Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Evaluation License Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Evaluation License Issue

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:57 AM
      |   view attached

Can someone help me how to check how many times the evaluation license is added in the device? i have been facing issue with one of customer that license flag shows Nothing after a day or two.. i did twice write erase all and applied the license and configured the device. This seems to occuring continusly in 7005 controller, will the license work if i erase all and configure again or any other solution to stop this write erase all thing till i get a permanent license in a week. in the installed date in braces it shows (1) does it mean first time?. 

If i write erase all and re-configure the device will my license work as i did already 3 times..?

i have attached the screenshot for reference

• 2.  RE: Evaluation License Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 03:55 AM

(1) means it was used once.

If it shows nothing after a couple days, that is probably a bug and a TAC case should be opened.

If you write erase all, you should be able to use it 3 times again.

• 3.  RE: Evaluation License Issue

Posted Jun 13, 2016 04:27 AM

Thanks Joseph...

When i write erase all and re-configure the device everythig  works pretty fine and i can see that License "E-Enabled" in flag after the reboot... one observaton here is my primary got rebooted suddenly.. where all the AP's are shifted to secondary and few AP's work in secondary few AP's are showing up in "Flag - IL" ... will raise a TAC case too to check for any know issue in this model as i faced this issue in more than 5 devices recently... 

• 4.  RE: Evaluation License Issue

Posted Jun 14, 2016 07:46 PM

hi ,

• i think that the best is to buy that your customer buy permanent licence.
    • if not you can use temporary licence for 3 month , after that you can backup your configuration and you write erase all ,and you use your backup.

Regards