Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Evaluation license

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Evaluation license

Posted Jan 27, 2012 09:44 AM

Just curious, how many time can you apply the same evaluation license to the same controller?

• 2.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Jan 27, 2012 09:50 AM

I've never seen a limit from my experience.  I've had to do this probably 5 times in a row at one customer as we worked with support to resolve a licensing issue through distribution.

• 3.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:06 AM

The limit is 3 times.  You can add it once and then update it 2 more times for a total of 90 days.

• 4.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Olino,

You meant apply the same eval license twice at the same time and reboot to apply. It will add up to 90 days? That's really interesting. It will relief some of my pain here before order comes in. 

• 5.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:44 AM

No reboot needed.  Just copy the key, paste it in again and you are good to go for 30 more days.

• 6.  RE: Evaluation license
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 27, 2012 10:46 AM

Sorry, re-read your post and understand now.  You have to install the license once, wait for it to get close to expiring, then install it again and you will be good for an additional 30 days from the second install.  You can do this once more and then you are done for that license type.

• 7.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Oct 11, 2012 10:11 PM

After it expires the 3rd time there is a process which TAC performed for me once but I forgot what it was to get it in again. I just bought the wrong license (PEF rather than PEFV) and I REALLY need this while I am sorting out the exchange. Does anyone know what it is?

• 8.  RE: Evaluation license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2012 11:40 PM

@ConnectedHomeSystems wrote:

After it expires the 3rd time there is a process which TAC performed for me once but I forgot what it was to get it in again. I just bought the wrong license (PEF rather than PEFV) and I REALLY need this while I am sorting out the exchange. Does anyone know what it is?

The only other procedure is a write erase all.

• 9.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:41 AM
      |   view attached

Can someone help me how to check how many times the evaluation license is added in the device? i have been facing issue with one of customer that license flag shows Nothing after a day or two.. i did twice write erase all and applied the license and configured the device. This seems to occuring continusly in 7005 controller, will the license work if i erase all and configure again or any other solution to stop this write erase all thing till i get a permanent license in a week. in the installed date in braces it shows (1) does it mean first time?. 

i have attached the snapshot for reference.