Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Extend Wireless Network

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Extend Wireless Network

Posted Feb 21, 2014 04:36 PM

We have a remote office that I need to slightly extend the wireless network in and I was hoping to get some guidence.  I am not a network person, so please excuse blatently ignorant statements.

We have a 3600 controller and the RAPs we using are primarily the RAP-5WN's.  I believe I only need to add a single access point to the office I'm referring to.

I know the information I've provided is somewhat sparce, but I will provide any info that someone needs (just don't know what else to provide).

Thanks in advance,

John

• 2.  RE: Extend Wireless Network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2014 04:41 PM

You can talk to the partner or Aruba sales team to get some specific help in your situation.  If this office already has a RAP5, then adding a second one won't really be a best practice.  RAPs are meant to be a single installation and not multiple RAPs per site in your case.  

Now, if this is another office, then a RAP may work for you.  If it's just basic wireless, consider an Aruba Instant AP.

• 3.  RE: Extend Wireless Network

Posted Feb 21, 2014 05:15 PM
    Thanks for the info! Appreciate the fast reply.

John