Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

External Captive Portal Authentication - The Basics

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  External Captive Portal Authentication - The Basics

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:15 AM

Hi,

These days I'm planning to implement external captive portal authentication for wireless users. We have 3000 series controller and AP-105 in our set-up.

Its going to be a new experience for me as i have never configured RADIUS server and integrated with Aruba controller before. So i, kind of, want to learn here :)

Can anyone please guide me if;

1. There is a document available to configure RADIUS using Windows server 2008 R2.

2. There is a document explaining the configuration needed on the controller for external Captive Portal authentication.

The scenario would be to display a captive portal page to users and input the username/password to authenticate from the RADIUS server before allow them to use the network services.

As said earlier, please consider me doing it for the very first time so would like to have the material that explains everything from the very beginning.

Hope to get the response soon like we always do :)

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: External Captive Portal Authentication - The Basics
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:28 AM

You can try reading this to see if it helps you at all.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/AAA_Servers.php

Also the configuration on the controller will be under config>security>authentication>L3 Auth> Captive Portal profile

Captive config.PNG