Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

FIPS

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  FIPS

Posted May 03, 2018 02:43 AM

I am trying to put together a master/local topology but I am having trouble with the ipsec negotiations.

Both controllers are 7005's. However one is running 6.5.1.4-FIPS_58699

and the other is running 6.5.1.4_58698.  I am thinking that this is the problem but not sure how to resolve it.  

Anyone have any thoughts as to if this is the issue and if so, how to resolve it?

• 2.  RE: FIPS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2018 08:59 AM

You should run the same version of AOS code to avoid compatibility issues.  I don't think Aruba tests that type of setup.

• 3.  RE: FIPS

Posted May 03, 2018 09:08 AM

With one controller FIPS and the other not, should I downgrade the FIPS code to a non-FIPS code? Can a FIPS controller run a non-FIPS code?

• 4.  RE: FIPS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2018 09:11 AM

If you downgrade a FIPS controller to non-fips code or upgrade a no-FIPS controller to FIPS, there is a strong chance your configuration will be lost.  Please open a TAC case for them to gide you through this process safely.

• 5.  RE: FIPS

Posted May 03, 2018 09:40 AM

this is just for my personal lab, but want to make sure I dont brick the box. Not worried baout the configuration. Thoughts on if there is a chance of bricking it? If there is a chance I will contact TAC.