Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Firefox no longer works after 6.3.1.2 upgrade

[ Edited ]

After upgrading my 7210's to 6.3.1.2 I get error message: "Sever Connection Failed. SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)." I've tried deleting my certificate database and adding the cert back in, but keep getting the same message. We also changed the IP's on the controllers from using the loopback IP to using the management VLAN IP to try and resolve a separate issue.

On another note, I just finished upgrading Airwave to 7.7.9 and Firefox just shows a blank screen when trying to connect to Airwave.

So now Firefox doesn't work with my controllers or Airwave. Internet Explorer works fine with the new versions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

ACMP - Feb 2014
Contributor II

Re: Firefox no longer works after 6.3.1.2 upgrade

I just put in a TAC case on mine, having the same issues after an upgrade to 6.3.1.3.

I re-tried using Safari instead of firefox and it worked fine.  Only the 7240s had this issue, the M3s worked fine.

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Regular Contributor I

Me too. I thought this was just me. My M3s are OK also as are my 620s running the same release of code. Internet explorer will, well..., display anything and still works in so far as it does not format the display correctly, but internet explorer is like that for me on multiple products not just Aruba.
Mo
Contributor I

Try this... In the Firefox browser’s address field, type “about:config” and enter ,then web page will be shown, Click on “I’ll be careful, I promise”. A list of all the configurable entities and associated values are shown in the browser, in the ‘search:’ field in the top, type ‘ssl3’ and enter, List of cipher suites will be displayed. Find the row with ‘security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_des_ede3_sha’ and this will be set to ‘true’ in the fourth column, change the value to ‘false’ by double clicking on fourth column. Refresh the browser setting using the ‘reload’ icon in address field, Close the browser and rerun it. Cheers! Mo
Aruba

This is a known issue.  Please open up a case.  Support can implement a workaround.  

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Occasional Contributor II

The problem is with Firefox 27+. Version 26 works fine. I had downrevved Firefox, but Mo's solution works well.

Contributor II

Hi,

Instead of all having to open the TAC cases about the same issue, can someone please post the necessary steps, here?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

garryshtern,

Support has to do it for you, unfortunately.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Mo
Contributor I

Well... I just posted the workaround. If you want, go open a case. If you don't want to open a case, just follow what I said. It works!

Cheers!

Mo

Contributor II

Thanks, Mo!  That def worked.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: