Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Firmware Upgrade for Aruba Controller & AP

Is there have any deployment method which don't want restart the all AP and controller at one go. For example:

Building A and B. Building A is Admin office  and Building B is factory and it was operate 24 x 7 everyday. If perform firmware upgrade for this company, but restart the all the AP just belong to Building A, when the firmware was running smooth and stable and nothing happen to it, then apply the new firmware to Building B. But both Building A and B i want to be HA and manageable.

Have any suggestion as above scenario?

Aruba Employee

Re: Firmware Upgrade for Aruba Controller & AP

Hi Jordontin,

If you are using Airwave monitoring server  to upgrade the controllers firmware then we could scheudule both firmeware upgrade and device reboots.

Capture1.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Pavan,

Can Airwave selectively select which device or AP that belong to Building A and B for firmware upgrade and reboot?

I understand that once complete the firmware upgrade for Aruba controller and Aruba AP also will get the latest firmware and upgrade it from controller.

Regards,

Tin 

Aruba Employee

Yes, we could select list of APs and controller and schedule the firmware, it can be done from AP/Devices>List>Modify device tab option or we could schedule upgrade based on Airwave group and folder.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query, give kudos:)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: