Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

Posted Jul 03, 2012 10:55 PM

I am using version 6.1 UG and on page 195 it lists the following instructions to configure my default role for the L3 authentication.  Looking at step 3, when I get to this step, there is no Default Role to chose.  I even tried it from the CLI and no dice.  Is this a misprint in the configuration guide?  Am I just missing something obvious?

1. Navigate to the

Configuration > Security > Authentication > L3 Authentication page.

2. In the Profiles list, select VPN Authentication Profile.

3. For Default Role, enter the user role you created previously (for example, rap_role).

4. Click

Apply.

5. In the Profile list, under VPN Authentication Profile, select

Server Group.

6. Select the

internal server group from the drop-down menu.

7. Click

Apply.

• 2.  RE: First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 04, 2012 04:05 AM

@awinford wrote:

I am using version 6.1 UG and on page 195 it lists the following instructions to configure my default role for the L3 authentication.  Looking at step 3, when I get to this step, there is no Default Role to chose.  I even tried it from the CLI and no dice.  Is this a misprint in the configuration guide?  Am I just missing something obvious?

1. Navigate to the

Configuration > Security > Authentication > L3 Authentication page.

2. In the Profiles list, select VPN Authentication Profile.

3. For Default Role, enter the user role you created previously (for example, rap_role).

4. Click

Apply.

5. In the Profile list, under VPN Authentication Profile, select

Server Group.

6. Select the

internal server group from the drop-down menu.

7. Click

Apply.

Could be a misprint in the user guide. In earlier version, I believe there was only one VPN authentication profile (so you got that one selected by default). Now I think there are 3 by default. Something like default, default-cap and default-rap.

So you have to select one of those first before you can choose your default role (press one of the profiles, and you are able to see your default role to the right)

There should be a step 2.5 in the above list, saying something like "choose your VPN Authentication profile".

• 3.  RE: First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

Posted Nov 01, 2012 12:54 PM

Any update on this? I seem to be running into the same thing...