Wireless Access

New Contributor

First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

I am using version 6.1 UG and on page 195 it lists the following instructions to configure my default role for the L3 authentication.  Looking at step 3, when I get to this step, there is no Default Role to chose.  I even tried it from the CLI and no dice.  Is this a misprint in the configuration guide?  Am I just missing something obvious?

1. Navigate to the

Configuration > Security > Authentication > L3 Authentication page.

2. In the Profiles list, select VPN Authentication Profile.

3. For Default Role, enter the user role you created previously (for example, rap_role).

4. Click

Apply.

5. In the Profile list, under VPN Authentication Profile, select

Server Group.

6. Select the

internal server group from the drop-down menu.

7. Click

Apply.

Contributor I

Re: First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

awinford wrote:

I am using version 6.1 UG and on page 195 it lists the following instructions to configure my default role for the L3 authentication.  Looking at step 3, when I get to this step, there is no Default Role to chose.  I even tried it from the CLI and no dice.  Is this a misprint in the configuration guide?  Am I just missing something obvious?

1. Navigate to the

Configuration > Security > Authentication > L3 Authentication page.

2. In the Profiles list, select VPN Authentication Profile.

3. For Default Role, enter the user role you created previously (for example, rap_role).

4. Click

Apply.

5. In the Profile list, under VPN Authentication Profile, select

Server Group.

6. Select the

internal server group from the drop-down menu.

7. Click

Apply.

Could be a misprint in the user guide. In earlier version, I believe there was only one VPN authentication profile (so you got that one selected by default). Now I think there are 3 by default. Something like default, default-cap and default-rap.

So you have to select one of those first before you can choose your default role (press one of the profiles, and you are able to see your default role to the right)

There should be a step 2.5 in the above list, saying something like "choose your VPN Authentication profile".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christian Nilsson, Network Services
ACMA, ACMP, AWMP, Aruba Instructor, ACMX #159
Regular Contributor I

Re: First time RAP Setup... Configuration Guide on Page 195 not accurate?

Any update on this? I seem to be running into the same thing...

Regards,

Josh
Search instead for 
Did you mean: