Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

Posted Dec 27, 2012 01:33 PM

Hey All,

In the Security section on the Dashboard tab I am able to view the interfering APs that the Aruba CAP's are detecting.  When I select one of the AP's and select the "Locate" option is tells me that "Floorplan information is not currently available. Click here to set up Plan.".  In the Plan tab I have configured our building with the floor plans and locations of the Aruba CAP's.  Is there any reason why this option is not working?  See screenshot for details.

Floor Plan Not Available.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

• 2.  RE: Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2012 01:43 PM

On the commandline, if you type "show ap database long" is there anything in the FQLN column for those access points?

• 3.  RE: Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

Posted Dec 27, 2012 01:54 PM

AP Database
    -----------
    Name                   Group  AP Type  IP Address    Status      Flags  Switch IP     Wired MAC Address  Serial #   Port  FQLN                                                        Outer IP  User
    ----                   -----  -------  ----------    ------      -----  ---------     -----------------  --------   ----  ----                                                        --------  ----
    FLM2E_Networking       FLM    105      10.x.x.23  Up 11m:32s  2      10.x.x.10  6c:f3:7f:c9:9a:f1  BT0212189  1/1   FLM2E_Networking.Floor 2.Flushing Meadows.Main Campus       N/A
    FLM2E_NetworkSecurity  FLM    105      10.x.x.21  Up 11m:32s  2      10.x.x.10  6c:f3:7f:c9:9a:fb  BT0212199  1/1   FLM2E_NetworkSecurity.Floor 2.Flushing Meadows.Main Campus  N/A
    FLM2W_AppSupport       FLM    105      10.x.x.22  Up 11m:32s  2      10.x.x.10  6c:f3:7f:c9:9a:ea  BT0212182  1/1   FLM2W_AppSupport.Floor 2.Flushing Meadows.Main Campus       N/A

• 4.  RE: Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 27, 2012 01:57 PM

That should work.  Please open a support case..

• 5.  RE: Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

Posted Jan 21, 2013 01:02 PM

I am seeing the same problem on a new 7210 controller - what was your resolution?  If simple, I don't need to open a case.

• 6.  RE: Floorplan Not Available - Locate Interfering AP

Posted Jan 22, 2013 12:45 PM

Still have an open ticket with support - currently a "known" issue and the engineers are working to resolve it.  When I get a fix I will reply to this thread.

Cheers,

Brian