Wireless Access

Frequent disconnect from iphone devices only

Hello i got this problem with some clients in which the iphone get disconnected frequently.

I have seen many treads on apple that it seems to be a problem with their IOS specially IOS 11 there are many treads about this issue on the apple community forum.

Anyone was able to fix this with aruba solution? i was wondering if this is a apple issue how does Aruba does on their HQ that i bealieve they got many apple users....   how do they manage this??? or how does guys in general manage this issue???

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

Re: Frequent disconnect from iphone devices only

Read this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207459

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Hello victor this is an open network with clearpass with mac cahing
----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

I'm actually seeing something similar in a hospital environment. Only a few complaints, but it's a guest network with mac caching. In AirWave, we see the client drop multiple times, the graphs for client traffic show a steady line and then a gap, multiple times.

I've thought that if someone locks their phone, drops it into their pocket or sits it on a desk, is there a sleep interval or power setting that may drop the network connection until unlocked again. I also don't know if their DTIM interval or power-save support has any merrit on keeping these devices connected or not.

Michael Haring
Architecture and Implementation Consultant
Optiv Security Inc.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: