Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

GUEST WLAN CONFIG

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  GUEST WLAN CONFIG

Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:26 PM

I have a WLAN Controller OAW-4504 with firmware 6.3.1.7. I am trying to configure a guest wlan with captive portal authentication.

1. I used the normal condig wizard to create the guest wlan, but unfortunately the captive portal i configured does not work.

2. Secondly, i am not able to create/edit the user roles and policies. Do i need extra license to be able to do that?

• 2.  RE: GUEST WLAN CONFIG

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:27 PM

1) Do you have an IP address on the controller for the guest VLAN?

2) Do you have PEFNG licenses? They are required to utilize custom firewall policies.

• 3.  RE: GUEST WLAN CONFIG

Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:35 PM

thanks for the quick reply.

I have a normal OAW-AP-LAP license to support the APs. So does that mean without the other license, i cannot deploy a guest wlan which will be on a different vlan with just internet connection?

• 4.  RE: GUEST WLAN CONFIG
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:36 PM

You can deploy a guest WLAN, but you will need to use the default guest role.

• 5.  RE: GUEST WLAN CONFIG

Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:39 PM
      |   view attached

okay. and can i use captive portal authentication as well with this default guest role?

Also, the default guest role shows not configured and there is no means to configure it. see attached screen shot

• 6.  RE: GUEST WLAN CONFIG

Posted Oct 29, 2014 12:35 PM

yes i have an IP address for the guest vlan. What can i do in my situation?