Wireless Access

Contributor I

Getting specific SSID reports

Can anyone give me the steps to getting a report from an AP of who is on a specific SSID?  I know you use the mobility controller.  On the dashboard go to Access Points and then into each AP from there.

But I have 451 APs and do not want to have to go into each one individually to see who is using which ssid.  I am sure there has to be a simplier solution than going to each AP individually to get that information.

Thank you!!

Re: Getting specific SSID reports

Its not a report as such but the below command will show you:

#show user-table ap-name XXXX <-- Users Per AP
#show user-table essid XXXX <-- Users Per SSID

If you want reporting functionality then you would need to consider something like AirWave.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Contributor I

Ok thank you.  I also have Airwave.  Could you guide me using that program?

Guru Elite

fleming@nmmi.edu wrote:

Can anyone give me the steps to getting a report from an AP of who is on a specific SSID?  I know you use the mobility controller.  On the dashboard go to Access Points and then into each AP from there.

But I have 451 APs and do not want to have to go into each one individually to see who is using which ssid.  I am sure there has to be a simplier solution than going to each AP individually to get that information.

Thank you!!

To be clear, do you want to know how many people are on each SSID?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor I

No I am needing to see what MAC addresses are on each SSID.  We are a college campus and need to make sure students are not on the administrative SSID.

Guru Elite

Fair enough.  How would you want that formatted so that it is useful for you?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor I

I think just the speceific SSID and MAC address connected to that SSID. 

I could then cross reference those mac addresses with our netreg system to look for student devices.

Contributor I

Still hoping someone can help me.  PLEASE and THANK YOU!!!!!!

Have you tried the previous commands posted? These will give you what MAC is connected to what SSID. It won’t be formatted but it is a starting point :)

Sent from my iPhone

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Like Zalion said, can you please tell us what is your workflow for doing the comparison and we might be able to give you and idea of what you should look at?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: