Wireless Access

Reply
DRP
Occasional Contributor II

Google Devices not working properly

Hello Everyone,

 

I was just wanting to ask if anyone else in a campus setting has had any problems with Google devices like Google Homes or Chromecasts recently. On our campus we've had several students report that their devices that worked in the first semester are now not working. I took the MAC address of a certain Google Home and saw it was connected on one of our local mobility controllers and I could also see the device authenticating properly in Access Tracker in ClearPass. If anyone knows anything about this it would be really helpful.

 

Thanks.

Re: Google Devices not working properly

I'm unsure about previous Google devices ceasing to function, but I'm about to open a TAC case tomorrow for the Google Home Mini. It's not showing up as an Airgroup Server nor User for the the googlecast airgroup service (verified it matches by inspecting the mdns responses) - running 6.5.3.3.


#AirheadsMobile

Re: Google Devices not working properly

I'm unsure about previous Google devices ceasing to function, but I'm about to open a TAC case tomorrow for the Google Home Mini. It's not showing up as an Airgroup Server nor User for the the googlecast airgroup service (verified it matches by inspecting the mdns responses) - running 6.5.3.3.


#AirheadsMobile
DRP
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Google Devices not working properly

Thanks for the reply. We're running 6.5.4.3 on our controllers. I have a TAC case open now as well.

Re: Google Devices not working properly

Hi DRP, How's your TAC case progressed? I was curious if the affected devices showed up as airgroup servers when you perform a show airgroup servers mdns | include


#AirheadsMobile
DRP
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Google Devices not working properly

Hello cbjohns,

 

It's closed right now because I had no more data or work to do with the tech. I'm going to upgrade our Mobility Controllers to the new 6.5.4.5 code soon because when I was reading the release notes, I saw it solved a similar issue so I will be revisiting this when I perform that upgrade.

Re: Google Devices not working properly

Thanks for the update. Good luck! It also just occurred to me in addition to checking if the google devices were still showing up as "Airgroup Servers" if the Dashboard Monitor still showed them as "Reachable/Accessible". I discovered a few months ago that prior to 6.5.3.4 and 6.5.4.5 that AirGroup user-names/shared-lists were case-sensitive- which have been resolved in those versions after I worked with TAC - more information on that and the bug down below - http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/ArubaOS-User-Name-Case-Sensitivity-User-Table/m-p/379295#M77930

 

clients-airgroup.PNG


 

 

 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: