Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

Having an interesting problem with a Google nexus 7 tablet.

Tablet is running the latest Android version 4.2.1

The WLAN is running on AOS Version 5.0.4.1. it is a WPA2/PSK design where I am also using user-rules to assign roles based on the MAC address of the supplicant device.

Most times, not always, (meaning occasionally everything works) When the Nexus 7 tablet connects it authenticates using the PSK without issue and from the debug logs I can see that the user-rules are applied and a role is assigned, but the tablet does not appear in the user table.

From the tablet side I see that connection has been successful and an IP address has been leased, but no internet access.

Anyone had similar problems with the Nexus 7 tablets?

Cheers,

Guru Elite

Re: Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

Make sure that there is an "allowall" for the Nexus 7's final role to ensure that nothing is being blocked.  We do have quite a few Nexus 7s running with that type of encryption without any issues.  Is the role assignment changing the VLAN of the device?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

Just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem.

I am not sure why but the Nexus7 does not seem to like having a reserved IP address.  Initially the IP address for this device was set up as a reservation on the DHCP server and for some reason the Nexus would not appear in the AP user table.

Removing the DHCP reservation solved the problem.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: