Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

Hi all,

The Aruba OS (controller based) supports bandwidth contracts which can be binded to user roles. 

Does anyone know the granularity for those bandwidth values ?

The range starts with 256 kbit/s, and what is the next possible bandwidth value ?

and does the granularity depend on the bandwidth value? (e.g. 1M bandwidth and 100M bandwidth value; do they have the same granularity ?)

many thanks for your answer.

Rolf

Guru Elite

Re: Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

(Aruba7640-US) (config) #aaa bandwidth-contract test kbits ?
<256..2000000>          Bandwidth in kbits/seconds

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

Hi Colin,

thanks for your answer. but what does this mean concerning granularity?

Usually the granularity of the built-in traffic-policer is not that small that we can increment die bandwidth values in steps of 1kbps -right?

If we configure 256kbps bandwidth, what would be the second lowest bandwidth ? (384kbis or 512kbps, or .. )

and if I configure a bandwidth-contract value of 100Mbps, what would be the next higher value? 

(I don't beliebe 100.001Mbps - which actually would not make sense to increment in such small steps... )

thanks in advance for your answer.

Rolf

Guru Elite

Rolf,

It can certainly be configured in those increments.  Will everything be policed in such small increments?  Who knows...?  I suggest you try it out and report back to us.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: