Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network Issue

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Guest Network Issue

Posted Mar 22, 2013 01:24 PM

We have 3 wireless networks (one for production and two for guests) on each AP. We have 3 master controllers and 225 local controllers on different sites. The traffic from production one is drop to local production network and the traffic from two guest wireless go through tunnel from local controller to master controller. And then through firewall all the way go outside to Internet. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed on guests. Guest WLANs are totally separated from production. Guest WLANs are using captive portal for user login. Recently one of 225 sites reported that guest wireless is not working. Users can login captive portal without problems. The Internet browsing sometimes works and sometimes not or very slow. Most of time not working. I have rebuilt local controller and set MTU to 1500bytes but no luck.The guests networks are using the same configuration and firewall rules on all 225 sites but only this site is not working properly. Does anyone have the same experience? What else I need to check on local controller or master controller. Thanks

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Guest Network Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2013 08:47 PM

you could try lowering the MTU to 1100

• 3.  RE: Guest Network Issue

Posted Mar 25, 2013 10:21 AM

Thanks, I'll try that

• 4.  RE: Guest Network Issue

Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:04 PM

I tried to put in MTU 1100 but still no luck.

• 5.  RE: Guest Network Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:06 PM

Did you put the 1100 MTU in on both sides of the tunnel ?

• 6.  RE: Guest Network Issue

Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:36 PM

Hi cjoseph,

I just changed "SAP MTU" in AP system profile to 1500 for this site. I am new, could you please show me where/how to find the MTU for tunnel? we are using Aruba OS 5.0.3.

thank you,

• 7.  RE: Guest Network Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:38 PM

So the SAP MTU is the MTU for the access point.  Not there.

If you have a GRE tunnel it should be at the interface level of the tunnel:

interface tunnel 20

MTU 1100

Do that on both sides of the tunnel.

• 8.  RE: Guest Network Issue

Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:53 PM

I'll try to change tunnel MTU in next our next change window. I'll let you know how things going. Thank you so much.

By the way,  what is the default MTU for interface tunnel on Aruba controller?

thanks,

• 9.  RE: Guest Network Issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2013 06:21 PM

Problem was solved by adding the VLAN for this site to truested group on master controller. thanks,

• 10.  RE: Guest Network Issue

Posted Apr 10, 2013 01:05 PM

Also I replaced the local controller with a brand new one with the same config but nothing changed.