Wireless Access

New Contributor

Guest access setup

I am testing setting up  wireless guest access.

I have one 105 AP Instant setup.  I can place this device in a VLAN on my switch, which is on the same VLAN as my Cisco ASA.  The ASA handles the NAT, and DHCP with out issue.  I can get to the internet not problem.

The problem I have is that the executives want their smartphones to be able to get their webmail from our exchange server.  We currently have a Linksys AP setup that bypasses our Cisco ASA.  (the ASA cannot go out and comeback in the same external port)

can I set up the 105's in a similar fashion, and replace the Linksys?  in other words assign one of my external IPs to the virtual controller, or do I need a device to do this?  Or can I place the 105's on the same VLAN as the Linksys, disable the linksys antenna's and let it only be my gateway and DHCP?

Retired Employee

Re: Guest access setup

can I set up the 105's in a similar fashion, and replace the Linksys? in other words assign one of my external IPs to the virtual controller, or do I need a device to do this? Or can I place the 105's on the same VLAN as the Linksys, disable the linksys antenna's and let it only be my gateway and DHCP?

>>> Yes.
--
HT
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: