Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Guest portal on WLC 7205

Hello,

I want to configure a guest portal on my WLC 7205.

I think I configured everything (aaa profile, virutal ap profile, ssid profile and so on) but when I try to connect, I am directly connected and not redirected to the guest portal.

I am preparing the WLC but with no internet connexion. Is it mandatory to have an internet connexion to be redirected to the guest portal ?

Or did I configure something wrong ...

AL

Guru Elite

Re: Guest portal on WLC 7205

It does require a functioning DNS server.  If you are getting out without doing anything, more configuration is required;  your initial role is wrong in your AAA profile.  It should be some role with *logon.

Please see the appnote here for step-by-step instructions:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Guest-Access-with-ArubaOS/ta-p/155602

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I put 8.8.8.8 for the DNS attributed to the clients in the moment, but even if the configuration is well done, I should at least be redirected ?

Guru Elite

If you cannot resolve DNS it should work. To test it without DNS try to open a browser to 1.1.1.1

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I can see the guest portal when I open a browser to 1.1.1.1 with an iPhone, but I have do it manually, is it not automatic ? Or does it require a functionning DNS server ?

Guru Elite

yes

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: