Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Guest provisionning question

Hi all,

I'm using Aruba OS 5 on a Aruba 650.

I want to give access to my level 1 support to create and manage guest user accounts by giving them the "guest-provisioning" role.

It's working fine. When they log in, they have this beautiful web page to manages guests but only if these users to manage have "guest" role. Problem is, I created couple of custom guests-roles and I soon as I change it on a user, it doesn't appear on the webpage.

Is there a way to show all Internal DB users no matter what role is assigned to them on this "manage page" ?

thank you and sorry for my english

Aruba Employee

Re: Guest provisionning question

An authenticated guest-provisioning user can only create guest accounts. A guest user account that is created by a guest provisioning user can only be viewed, modified, or deleted by the guest-provisioning user who created the account or by the network administrator. A guest user account that is created by the network administrator can only be viewed, modified, or deleted by the
network administrator. So, if  the admin modifies the guest account that was created by the guest provisioning user, the account will not be visible to the guest provisioning user anymore.

You will need Amigopod to fullfill your requirement, where an operator can provision non-guest roles. Additional amigopod provides many other additional features such as self registration, guest usage stats, Credit card billing, Surveys and feedback forms, Target ads and promotions, etc. 

Regards,

Sathya

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Guest provisionning question

thanks for the answer ! can't be more more complete than that :)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: