Wireless Access

Contributor I

Gym AP Deployment, Wall Mounted AP105

We have a gym that we need to deploy high density Wi-Fi to pretty quickly (there's coverage there already just not to the extent I would like it to be) and I wanted to consult with the members on this forum whether the below will work.

The Gym is about 120ft x 120ft. My plan is to install 4 Oberon wall mounted onclosures with either AP105 or AP125. AP125 would probably require a much larger enclosure because of the antennas which is why I'm leaning towards the AP105. The enclosures would be in the middle of each of the 4 walls at about 15-20ft high. Would the 4x AP105's, wall mounted, with front facing the gym provide good coverage? I have a good idea of coverage etc of AP105 when ceiling mounted but I'm not sure how well it will work for clients that are ~60 feet max away when wall mounted.

PS. The stands are on 2 sides of the Gym, 2 of the AP's would be mounted slightly above the stands.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: Gym AP Deployment, Wall Mounted AP105

That would be fine.  Please test at that height to get an idea of how the signal would propagate in your specific environment.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Gym AP Deployment, Wall Mounted AP105

Thank you Colin.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: