Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

HA fast failover - bridge mode SSID

I've noted that this feature doesn't support 'Campus AP's running in bridge mode'.

Does this mean there can be no bridged SSIDs on the AP full stop?

I also noticed on one of the solution guides that it would be supported from 6.4.1 - is there any validity to this statement?

Guru Elite

Re: HA fast failover - bridge mode SSID

If it is in the release notes or documents, it is supported.  It was not supported initially.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

To completely answer  your question, it just means that before ArubaOS 6.4.1 bridged SSIDs will not work on the failover controller if HA is configured.  The previous version of failover, lms and backup lms-ip will work just fine with bridged SSIDs.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hmmm seems like the docs need to be updated - most still say bridged mode is unsupported...

From 6.4.2.4 release notes:

AP Fast Failover Support for Bridge-mode Virtual AP High Availability (HA) support for bridge mode in Campus AP is introduced in ArubaOS 6.4.1.0. In previous versions of ArubaOS the fast failover feature for Campus AP was supported using tunnel or decrypt mode. Now support has been extended to bridge mode as well.

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Do you mind posting the link to the document for ArubaOS 6.4.1.x and above that says it is not supported?

EDIT:

"AP Fast Failover Support for Bridge-mode Virtual AP High Availability (HA) support for bridge mode in Campus AP is introduced in ArubaOS 6.4.1.0. In previous versions of ArubaOS the fast failover feature for Campus AP was supported using tunnel or decrypt mode. Now support has been extended to bridge mode as well." --  This means that in versions previous to 6.4.1.0,. it was not supported.  It does not mean that previous to 6.4.2.4 it was not supported...

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

Here is one that is a little misleading:

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/53

Guru Elite

Here is what it says on that page (unless I misread it):

"AP Fast Failover feature supports CAPs in tunnel and de-tunnel forwarding mode. CAP in bridge mode will be supported from AOS 6.4.1 onwards."

That means it is supported from 6.4.1 onwards.  Is that the wrong part?

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

Its slightly misleading that the article mentions it was deployed using 6.4.2.6. which is after 6.4.1..

Guru Elite

So the text should say that bridged mode IS supported instead of WILL BE supported?

Will that work?

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor I

Yea definitely - a VRD would be useful at some point too :)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: