Wireless Access

New Contributor

HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

Hi Everyone,

I get problems with two controllers Master/local and HA Fast Failover.

When master controller, which hold AP, reload them the local controller put the A/P in "Inactive state". Controller run 6.4.3.6 OS.

I configured LMS IP in AP Group. and i see

Master Controller

Name               Group                 AP Type  IP Address    Status     Flags  Switch IP   Standby IP
----               -----                 -------  ----------    ------     -----  ---------   ----------
40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 6m:19s         172.21.0.2  172.21.0.3

Local Controller

Name               Group                 AP Type  IP Address    Status     Flags  Switch IP   Standby IP
----               -----                 -------  ----------    ------     -----  ---------   ----------
40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 7m:45s  SI     172.21.0.2  172.21.0.3

After reboot master controller i see the AP in State Inactive

40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 8m:39s  I      172.21.0.3  172.21.0.2

Guru Elite

Re: HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

type "show profile-errors" on the local to see if you have not defined VLANs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

Make sure you do save config on the master so all the changes get push to the local
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Hi cjoseph

Thanks for your answer, it is working now. One adittional question, when the switch/controller restore from failover. AP doesn´t switch to its LMS IP althougth preemt is enable. is It anormal behavior?.

Thanks! 

Guru Elite

Preempt has a timer that says how long the old controller has to be up, before APs are switched back to it.  Please take a look at that timer.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

OK. I see this point. In a new topology Master-MasterRedundacy. I have created a second ap-profile to get 50% AP registered on one controller (Master) and the other 50% on the second (Master redundancy). AP in the first profile works well, but when i put the AP in the second profile. The AP does not come up. What could be the issue?. I have read that this topology is also supported with HA Fast Failover

Guru Elite

If the second controller is a backup master, no APs will work on that controller if it is a backup master.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: