Wireless Access

New Contributor

HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

Hi Everyone,

I get problems with two controllers Master/local and HA Fast Failover.

When master controller, which hold AP, reload them the local controller put the A/P in "Inactive state". Controller run 6.4.3.6 OS.

I configured LMS IP in AP Group. and i see

Master Controller

Name               Group                 AP Type  IP Address    Status     Flags  Switch IP   Standby IP
----               -----                 -------  ----------    ------     -----  ---------   ----------
40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 6m:19s         172.21.0.2  172.21.0.3

Local Controller

Name               Group                 AP Type  IP Address    Status     Flags  Switch IP   Standby IP
----               -----                 -------  ----------    ------     -----  ---------   ----------
40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 7m:45s  SI     172.21.0.2  172.21.0.3

After reboot master controller i see the AP in State Inactive

40:e3:d6:cf:05:d2  AP_Group_Controller1  W-AP205  172.21.0.131  Up 8m:39s  I      172.21.0.3  172.21.0.2

Guru Elite

Re: HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

type "show profile-errors" on the local to see if you have not defined VLANs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: HA/fast failover on master/local. AP stay inactive after controller failover

Make sure you do save config on the master so all the changes get push to the local
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Hi cjoseph

Thanks for your answer, it is working now. One adittional question, when the switch/controller restore from failover. AP doesn´t switch to its LMS IP althougth preemt is enable. is It anormal behavior?.

Thanks! 

Guru Elite

Preempt has a timer that says how long the old controller has to be up, before APs are switched back to it.  Please take a look at that timer.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

OK. I see this point. In a new topology Master-MasterRedundacy. I have created a second ap-profile to get 50% AP registered on one controller (Master) and the other 50% on the second (Master redundancy). AP in the first profile works well, but when i put the AP in the second profile. The AP does not come up. What could be the issue?. I have read that this topology is also supported with HA Fast Failover

Guru Elite

If the second controller is a backup master, no APs will work on that controller if it is a backup master.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: