Wireless Access

Contributor I

HELP!!! Certificate error after clearpass guest captive portal because of HSTS error

Can  I use self signed certificate for this issue?

How can I upload it to the controller?

Thanksfor the answers

Aruba Employee

Re: HELP!!! Certificate error after clearpass guest captive portal because of HSTS error

Hi,

Does client throwing this error message when trying to access the captival portal page?

If  the HTTPS server certificate is a self signed cert and you are using chrome/firefox browser then it is expected behaviour.Self signed cert is not trusted by this browsers and will cause HSTS issue. Have you tried with safari and checked?

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query give kudos:)

Guru Elite

Re: HELP!!! Certificate error after clearpass guest captive portal because of HSTS error

You need to have a publicly CA signed certificate for HTTPs in ClearPass.

HSTS and self-signed certificates are not really related. If you try to navigate to an HTTPS website that is using HSTS, you will always receive the error. The certificate configuration on ClearPass has nothing to do with that.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

HI tim,

So the only solution for the issue that im encountering is to buy a public certificate? My client doesnt want to purchase anything. What are your recommendations

Guru Elite

If you want to secure the guest registration process, a certificate is required. You can get one for as low as $4.99.

These requirements should be discussed during the design process.

Guru Elite

If you want to secure the guest registration process, a certificate is required. You can get one for as low as $4.99.

These requirements should be discussed during the design process.

Contributor I

So there is no free option that will not give us certificate error?

Guru Elite

Not in a secure way, no. Certificates are a core component of security on the internet.

Guru Elite

Not in a secure way, no. Certificates are a core component of security on the internet.

Contributor I

what are thefree options so that i can also discuss it to them. Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: