Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

HTTP Script

Dose ARUBA has script to communicate with HTML Redirect ??
Guru Elite

Re: HTTP Script

What do you want to do?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I want to use external captive portal for guest authentication.

I put the path of login page and welcome page that link to external captive portal in captive portal profile (GUI). But when I already fill username/password into that web, it remain redirect me to reauthentication again.

My customer told me, other vendor have script that communicate with HTML for redirect web login. I'm don't sure Aruba have it or not.

Thank you
Guru Elite

When a client is redirected to your portal page, at the end of the URL will be "“?cmd=login&macaddr=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff&ipaddr=a.b.c.d”"

The link on your page for the client to click should be

https:///auth/loginnw.html?username=foobar&password=foobar

This will submit the usernname and password to whatever server group is in the Captive Portal authentication profile.

If you PM me, I will send you a more detailed doc.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

My customer is a service provider, they want to edit /auth/index.html, /auth/welcome.html and other file ex. session.html, transport.html, error.html.

Aruba have html or php file for customize or not ??

My customer want to have session page to show usage time and remain time, because they will use Controller-Based in RAP-Tunnel Mode for Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Other vender (HP) have folder for each page and document to customize external page sent to my customer.
For customize page, redirect with controller, attribute & parameter that can send out . (Please See in attached file)

ARUBA have some document that explain about all parameter & attribute on URI when use captive portal or not ??

Mobile device can authenticated via captive portal in one page, they can logout when key 1.1.1.1 on URL. What should I do ??

Please suggestion me if you have any idea about Wi-Fi Hotspot that meet my customer requirement.

Thank you very much
MVP

Sounds like an Amigopod would be ideal for this customer..

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/management-security-software-2/amigopod-visitor-management-2/
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

My customer is a service provider, they want to edit /auth/index.html, /auth/welcome.html and other file ex. session.html, transport.html, error.html.

Aruba have html or php file for customize or not ??

My customer want to have session page to show usage time and remain time, because they will use Controller-Based in RAP-Tunnel Mode for Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Other vender (HP) have folder for each page and document to customize external page sent to my customer.
For customize page, redirect with controller, attribute & parameter that can send out . (Please See in attached file)

ARUBA have some document that explain about all parameter & attribute on URI when use captive portal or not ??

Mobile device can authenticated via captive portal in one page, they can logout when key 1.1.1.1 on URL. What should I do ??

Please suggestion me if you have any idea about Wi-Fi Hotspot that meet my customer requirement.

Thank you very much

Please see the attached file which is appendix E in the ArubaOS user guide, "Internal Captive Portal" which details how to customize the page, including the logout page. To get user statistics, you can only use the XML-API, which I am also attaching.

These documents will require that the user knows some html and how to program a web server for XML API calls to the controller.

Of course, you can create a captive portal page and just click on "view source" in your browser to see the HTML.

Colin Joseph

How to configure policy for logout page ? (user key 1.1.1.1 on URL = logout from system)

Thank you
Guru Elite

The last 4 pages of the PDF that was posted, "customize-captive-portal.pdf" have sections entitled, "Customizing the Popup box", and "Customizing the Logged out box" that detail this.

Colin Joseph

I mean if I want to use log-out page (user key 1.1.1.1 on URL) instead log out through pop-up box. How to I configure ?

In document that you attached talk about how to customize pop-up box only.

Thank you for your help,

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: