Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HTTP Script

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  HTTP Script

Posted Aug 09, 2011 02:14 PM
    Dose ARUBA has script to communicate with HTML Redirect ??

• 2.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2011 03:27 PM
    What do you want to do?

• 3.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 10, 2011 02:57 AM
    I want to use external captive portal for guest authentication.

I put the path of login page and welcome page that link to external captive portal in captive portal profile (GUI). But when I already fill username/password into that web, it remain redirect me to reauthentication again.

My customer told me, other vendor have script that communicate with HTML for redirect web login. I'm don't sure Aruba have it or not.

Thank you

• 4.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2011 09:57 AM
    When a client is redirected to your portal page, at the end of the URL will be "“?cmd=login&macaddr=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff&ipaddr=a.b.c.d”"

The link on your page for the client to click should be

https://<CONTROLLER-IP>/auth/loginnw.html?username=foobar&password=foobar

This will submit the usernname and password to whatever server group is in the Captive Portal authentication profile.

If you PM me, I will send you a more detailed doc.</CONTROLLER-IP>

• 5.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 11, 2011 04:04 PM
    My customer is a service provider, they want to edit /auth/index.html, /auth/welcome.html and other file ex. session.html, transport.html, error.html.

Aruba have html or php file for customize or not ??

My customer want to have session page to show usage time and remain time, because they will use Controller-Based in RAP-Tunnel Mode for Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Other vender (HP) have folder for each page and document to customize external page sent to my customer.
    For customize page, redirect with controller, attribute & parameter that can send out . (Please See in attached file)

ARUBA have some document that explain about all parameter & attribute on URI when use captive portal or not ??

Mobile device can authenticated via captive portal in one page, they can logout when key 1.1.1.1 on URL. What should I do ??

Please suggestion me if you have any idea about Wi-Fi Hotspot that meet my customer requirement.

Thank you very much

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Public_Access.pdf   503 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 12, 2011 08:18 AM

• 7.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2011 08:46 AM

My customer is a service provider, they want to edit /auth/index.html, /auth/welcome.html and other file ex. session.html, transport.html, error.html.

Aruba have html or php file for customize or not ??

My customer want to have session page to show usage time and remain time, because they will use Controller-Based in RAP-Tunnel Mode for Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Other vender (HP) have folder for each page and document to customize external page sent to my customer.
    For customize page, redirect with controller, attribute & parameter that can send out . (Please See in attached file)

ARUBA have some document that explain about all parameter & attribute on URI when use captive portal or not ??

Mobile device can authenticated via captive portal in one page, they can logout when key 1.1.1.1 on URL. What should I do ??

Please suggestion me if you have any idea about Wi-Fi Hotspot that meet my customer requirement.

Thank you very much

Please see the attached file which is appendix E in the ArubaOS user guide, "Internal Captive Portal" which details how to customize the page, including the logout page. To get user statistics, you can only use the XML-API, which I am also attaching.

These documents will require that the user knows some html and how to program a web server for XML API calls to the controller.

Of course, you can create a captive portal page and just click on "view source" in your browser to see the HTML.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    customize-captive-portal.pdf   736 KB 1 version
    pdf
    XML_API.pdf   268 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 14, 2011 06:41 AM
    How to configure policy for logout page ? (user key 1.1.1.1 on URL = logout from system)

Thank you

• 9.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2011 06:47 AM
    The last 4 pages of the PDF that was posted, "customize-captive-portal.pdf" have sections entitled, "Customizing the Popup box", and "Customizing the Logged out box" that detail this.

• 10.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 14, 2011 03:57 PM

I mean if I want to use log-out page (user key 1.1.1.1 on URL) instead log out through pop-up box. How to I configure ?

In document that you attached talk about how to customize pop-up box only.

Thank you for your help,

• 11.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2011 04:42 PM
    Just put the html on the page below that you want to click on the user to logout.:

Logout

Click to Logout

• 12.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 14, 2011 05:56 PM

Just put the html on the page below that you want to click on the user to logout.:

Logout

Click to Logout

I don't want to click logout on Pop-Up box.
    I want to have advance method to logout user by type 1.1.1.1 on web browser.
    Are you have any idea ??

• 13.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2011 08:51 PM

I don't want to click logout on Pop-Up box.
    I want to have advance method to logout user by type 1.1.1.1 on web browser.
    Are you have any idea ??

I do not understand.. How is this experience supposed to work in detail? Who is logging the user out? What role does the web server play in all this? What is the workflow of a guest user joining to the network?

I am answering your questions, but they will not help unless we can understand how the whole guest access is supposed to work.

• 14.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 14, 2011 10:55 PM
    I will have notification message to describe user/guest about how to logout from system (typing IP address 1.1.1.1 on web browser).
    And user/guest will logout by typing IP address 1.1.1.1 on web browser with themselves.

• 15.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2011 11:00 PM

I will have notification message to describe user/guest about how to logout from system (typing IP address 1.1.1.1 on web browser).
    And user/guest will logout with themselves (by typing IP address 1.1.1.1 on web browser).

The guest will not be able to just type 1.1.1.1, they will have to type the whole URL, which would be http://(ip-address of the controller)/auth/logout.html

The controller already gives an option to have a popup that the user can click on to logout. In addition, the user, by default is logged out after 5 minutes of inactivity when the user can no longer be pinged. Is that unacceptable?

• 16.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 14, 2011 11:32 PM
    In web browser of mobile device such as iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android.
    It has only one page to accessible internet.
    What is the best solution that allow them to logout from system ? (popup, http://(ip-address of the controller)/auth/logout.html or any method)

Ps. when access internet with all of them popup box doesn't appear.

Thank you,

• 17.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2011 11:55 PM
    A mobile device, just like any device that is connected by default will be aged out after 5 minutes of inactivity where the device also cannot be pinged. After that time, the user will have to login again. If the user has to remember a URL or an ip address to logout, that could be very inconvenient for the user. If the user either disconnects or his or her device is put to sleep after 5 minutes, the controller will log the user out. The controller does this using the default controller pages and no special HTML needs to be constructed.

• 18.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 18, 2011 06:05 AM

If I edit popup.html & logout.html file that I save from web browser.
    What's path that I should upload into controller (login, welcome or content)

• 19.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2011 06:20 AM
    Please see the PDF in comment #7 that says "Installing a New Captive Portal Page": http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=446&d=1313152991

• 20.  RE: HTTP Script

Posted Aug 18, 2011 06:23 AM

My customer use login & welcome page from external web.
    I already config login & welcome path into captive portal profile.

But if my customer want to customize only popup.html & logout.html, Can they upload into controller? if can where? (welcome or content)

Thank you

• 21.  RE: HTTP Script

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2011 06:32 AM

No.

If want to upload a page for the "Login Page" you upload to Captive Portal Login (top level). When you upload HTML using this option, it uploads it and then sets the login page to redirect users to the HTML you just uploaded.

If you want to upload to the Welcome page, which is the page right after the user logs in successfully, you want to upload your HTML to the Captive Portal Welcome page

If you want to upload anything else, like jpegs, more html, etc, use the Content option.

All three options upload to the same folder. The first two just set the HTML where the user will be redirected for Login and the Welcome page after successful login.