Frequent Contributor II

Hand Held RF devices lose network connectivity

Environment:

- Fulfillment Center (215,000sqft)

- 26x AP 134's 3x AP214

- Controller ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba3600-US), Version 6.4.2.18

- RF Devices: Motorola MC3190, MC32N0, WT41N0

Summary:

These HHD's (hand held devices) have historically been problematic with users reporting wireless connectivity issues (dropping of the network).  I have scoured these Airhead threads to find input and have tried all advice in this thread:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Constant-dropouts-for-our-Motorola-Symbol-Scanners-MC9090G/td-p/241524

and additionally put my ARM g and a into Maintain mode

Interesting log statements:

authmgr[1860]: <132093> <ERRS> |authmgr|  WPA2 Key message 4 from Station 00:23:68:e7:26:6e b4:5d:50:88:fc:21 PGH-FC-AP30-c0:8f:c2 did not match the replay counter 01 vs 02

authmgr[1860]: <522027> <WARN> |authmgr|  MAC=00:23:68:cd:69:b8 IP=10.1.80.242 IP Spoof from MAC=00:23:68:cb:bc:5f role=authenticated/(null)

-Band steering is enabled

-Backoff Time = 1800

-Error Rate Threshold 75%

-Error Rate Wait Time 90 sec

We experience these drop offs every day.  Sometimes they effect the work stream more sometimes less...  Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

rif

Guru Elite

Re: Hand Held RF devices lose network connectivity

"did not match the replay counter" typically means possible interference.

Are those devices running on the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz band?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Hi Colin,

The quick answer is that most of them use "g" and in the past we went through all of them to configure them to use g and a but as I was troubleshooting one this morning I noticed it was only configured to use "g" so at this point I do not know how many are configured thusly.  I need to go through them all manually to check.

rif

Guru Elite

Okay.  Do you have a screenshot of the Dashboard> Performance Page?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Please see attached screen shot...

Guru Elite

You have some APs where the channel busy is high.  See if those APs correspond to the areas where you are having problems.  You would then look to see if it is cochannel interference that could be causing that...

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

Thank you Colin, looking now...

rif

Frequent Contributor II

Colin,

Yes, a few of those WAP's are in an area where drops are reported.  Although the number of WAP's in that channel busy catagory changed mid observance to 4 from 6.  Two are on channel 11 and two are on channel 1

rif

Frequent Contributor II

now the count went up to 7.  should i look at rolling back to single-band from Maintain mode?

Guru Elite

No, don't change anything.  You would want to go to where one of those access points are and see what the coverage is like using Aruba utilities (how many APs can be seen).  If there is a lot of coverage, you could consider turning down the ARM max transmit power for that band by 3 and see if it makes a difference in coverage and on the dashboard.

What is your ARM min and max transmit power for the 2.4ghz band?  Do you have broadcast filtering enabled?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: