Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Have a Master/Local setup on 7220 controllers, the AP database is off by 6 AP's from Master to Local

Have a Master/Local setup on 7220 controllers, the AP database is off by 6 AP's from Master to Local, how can I force the database to sync to the Local without causing interruption of service?

Re: Have a Master/Local setup on 7220 controllers, the AP database is off by 6 AP's from Master to L

Hi!

The master controller aggregates the AP database from alla locals giving you a complete view of all APs in the setup. The local however only shows you the APs connected to that particular local controller.

If that doesn´t help, please specify which controller you think is off and where those APs that are off terminate to.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP

Re: Have a Master/Local setup on 7220 controllers, the AP database is off by 6 AP's from Master to L

You can also confirm the master/local connectivity is in place and also if/when the date base has sync'd

On Master

#show switches

#show database synchronize 

On Local

#show database synchronize 

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

The master controller has the correct number of AP's and both switch show correctly in show switches from the cli.

Not sure why there is a mismatch in the ap database.

Thank you

David

Frequent Contributor I

getting this error on the master:

show database synchronize

Last synchronization time: Not synchronized since last reboot

Periodic synchronization is disabled
Synchronization doesn't include Captive Portal Custom data

not sure why periodic sync is disabled... doesn't make sense...

Thank you

David

Guru Elite

The specific command, database sync only occurs between a master and backup master controller.  It does not apply between masters and locals.  Other things are replicated between masters and locals, but they are not related to that specific command.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: