Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

Hi everyone

I am having an issue with our web authentication. We keep getting the redirected page and not going to the orignal web page even after authenticate successfully on Clearpass. I see that the controller is not receiving the role from clearpass to change the user role. Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance 

Raul

Re: Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

You should follow this doc for the controller setup part:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/amigopod-aos-integration-appnote.pdf

And to configure the Guest portion in Clearpass guest starting reading page 190 on the doc I have attached.

Also you can check this video and start at min : 5:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXyLWtfQRo 

Hope this helps....:smileywink:

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Re: Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

Raul Bracamontes wrote:

Hi everyone

I am having an issue with our web authentication. We keep getting the redirected page and not going to the orignal web page even after authenticate successfully on Clearpass. I see that the controller is not receiving the role from clearpass to change the user role. Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance 

Raul

In the Captive Portal Authentication Profile on the Aruba Controller, you have to make sure that the Default role is the "success" role to be assigned to your guests.  As long a ClearPass policy manager sends back a positive result, all guests will obtain the role "guest" when they authenticate successfully.  You might be going in a circle because this role here is some type of "logon" role, which just puts you back to the logon page.

guest-cp.png

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: