Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Help : No more RTLS packets since we did the upgrade for the WPA2 fix

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Help : No more RTLS packets since we did the upgrade for the WPA2 fix

Posted Oct 23, 2017 06:28 PM

Hello All, 

We did the upgrade for the security fix to 6.5.4.2 the RTLS stopped to works...

i spent many hours to check and double check the conf... and the conf is still here..

we apply them twice ( in case of ...) nothing more...

Any advices ?

• 2.  RE: Help : No more RTLS packets since we did the upgrade for the WPA2 fix

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:10 AM

TL;DR; i think you will find it fixed if you upgrade to 6.5.4.3, appears to be regression issue in 6.5.4.0

Seems to be a regression issue in 6.5.4.0 until 6.5.4.2, where something got broken (or implemented) at an ACL filter level in the AP, you can see some threads in the forum about ADP breaking for static IP APs after 6.5.4.0, fixed in 6.5.4.3.

the 6.5.4.3 release notes includes mention of your case of RTLS also dot1x and the static IP issue.

There's a couple of AP datapath related fixes in 'what's new in 6.5.4.0', I would suspect this may be the culprit, but just speculating :)

Symptom: An AP responded to TCP sessions initiated by random clients with source port 80. Modifications in the access control entries fixed this issue.

Scenario: This issue occurred only when a TCP session was initiated from a client from source port 80. This issue was not limited to any specific AP platform or ArubaOS release version.

• 3.  RE: Help : No more RTLS packets since we did the upgrade for the WPA2 fix

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:29 AM

great inputs.

i'll double check it carefully.