Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Help replacing WPA-PSK install with WPA Enterprise

I've inherited a infrastructure with dozens of Windows laptops, iPhones and iPads that have all been configured using WPA PSK. Everything works but there are obvious issues with changing the key, etc. when people leave. We have multiple sites so the change has never done due to the disruption it would cause. This has left us in a situation where people have left under less than perfect circumstances along with their knowledge of the key.

I'm fairly new to this but I know WPA Enterprise is the way forward. We have a 800 mobility controller and all the access points are AP-70's.

Can someone give me an overview of steps I should take to move this project forward. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory environment so configuring a RADIUS (IAS) server wouldn't be an issue.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: Help replacing WPA-PSK install with WPA Enterprise

- Configure the WLAN with 802.1x

- Test it thoroughly

- Configure Group Policy to push the new 802.1x settings

- Disable the WPA-PSK network.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

I know there a bunch of KB and other articles all over the Aruba support site which are supposed to help provide more detail to the first step in this list, but I for one would like some help understanding the steps in configuring the 802.1x AAA.

Somehow the articles I'm following lead me most of the way, or add in other bits which confuse the process, and I'm confused.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Guru Elite

msabin wrote:

I know there a bunch of KB and other articles all over the Aruba support site which are supposed to help provide more detail to the first step in this list, but I for one would like some help understanding the steps in configuring the 802.1x AAA.

Somehow the articles I'm following lead me most of the way, or add in other bits which confuse the process, and I'm confused.

There is a chapter in the Appendix of the ArubaOS 6.x user guide which explains both server and client side configuration.  Barring that you have this:

Windows 2008 NPS http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/authentication-and-access-control/1390/1/Using+Microsoft+Windows+2008+Server+With+Aruba.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: