Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 02:39 AM

I had bought two Aruba 135 APs the CLI shows that it is missing the OS that usually comes pre loaded. Is there a way load OS onto the APs.

• 2.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 03:32 AM
    You'll need to plug them into the same subnet as the controller.

• 3.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 03:39 AM

I have two more APs connected on LAN, will it download the OS via them?

• 4.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 03:52 AM

It needs to get from the controller.

• 5.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

Posted Jan 09, 2015 03:57 AM

I do not have a controller at my location, I have just connected the New AP to the same network as the other two. Hope it does the job. Do let me know if anything else needs to be done.

• 6.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2015 04:30 AM

Are they Instant APs?

If they are standard controller based ones, they need to get the image from the controller.  I have only done this when connected to the same subnet as the controller.

There may be a way to do it across a different network, but I can't say what that is off the top of my head.

• 7.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

Posted Jan 12, 2015 03:58 PM

If all of the APs are IAP-135 devices then pluggin them into the same subnet will work as they'll find the Virtual Controller and join the cluster. If these are AP-135 devices you'll need a mobility controller for them to work (http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/mobility-controllers/). AP-135 and IAP-135 are not interchangable and the AP-135 will never work with Instant devices (even though an IAP-135 can be converted to work with a controller). 

Controller based APs can get their image from across subnets as long as you use DHCP Option 43 or DNS for discovery of the controller. ADP is a L2 protocol so it only works in the same subnet as the controller.

• 8.  RE: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2015 04:17 PM

That's true, but I was thinking that it was in a similar state as having had a "clearos" done to it.