Wireless Access

New Contributor

Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

I had bought two Aruba 135 APs the CLI shows that it is missing the OS that usually comes pre loaded. Is there a way load OS onto the APs.

Aruba

Re: Hi, How do I load an OS image onto an Aruba 135 AP?

You'll need to plug them into the same subnet as the controller.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
New Contributor

I have two more APs connected on LAN, will it download the OS via them?

Aruba

It needs to get from the controller.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not have a controller at my location, I have just connected the New AP to the same network as the other two. Hope it does the job. Do let me know if anything else needs to be done.

Aruba

Are they Instant APs?

If they are standard controller based ones, they need to get the image from the controller.  I have only done this when connected to the same subnet as the controller.

There may be a way to do it across a different network, but I can't say what that is off the top of my head.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
MVP

If all of the APs are IAP-135 devices then pluggin them into the same subnet will work as they'll find the Virtual Controller and join the cluster. If these are AP-135 devices you'll need a mobility controller for them to work (http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/mobility-controllers/). AP-135 and IAP-135 are not interchangable and the AP-135 will never work with Instant devices (even though an IAP-135 can be converted to work with a controller). 

Controller based APs can get their image from across subnets as long as you use DHCP Option 43 or DNS for discovery of the controller. ADP is a L2 protocol so it only works in the same subnet as the controller.

ACDX #419 | ACMP |
Aruba

That's true, but I was thinking that it was in a similar state as having had a "clearos" done to it.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: