Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Hi , clearpass policy will override the police defined in user role on the controller, is it correct

Hi , clearpass policy will override the police defined in user role on the controller, is it correct? Anyone can advise, thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Hi , clearpass policy will override the police defined in user role on the controller, is it cor

If the user-role is defined on the controller, that role and policing will be applied.

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Re: Hi , clearpass policy will override the police defined in user role on the controller, is it cor

Hi Tim, thanks for your kind reply.  Here the user role , you mean the initial role or 802.1x role, we are using authentication WPA2, encryption AES, clearpass for authentication.

AAA profile like below

initial role: logon

802.1x role: deny 

(role "deny" configured on controller, but on clearpass allow all)

Please advise

Thanks

Guru Elite

If you're sending back allow-all from the controller, then allow-all is the role the user will get.

Sent from Nine

If I defined initial role "guest" and policy on the controller, then still configure clearpass as authenticator. Like this, will use guest policy (firewall rule) defined on the controller, right?

MVP

Yes, the role returned by Clearpass - if any - will determine the role the client get.

Normally you do this by returning a Radius:IETF:Filter-ID or Radius:Aruba:Aruba-User-Role (Radius-CoA).

The role returned has to exist on the Controller

If CoA - you need to have configured RFC-3756 in the AAA profile..

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom Group - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Guru Elite

Yes, whatever you send back as the Aruba-User-Role will be used as long as it exists on the controller. If it doesn't exist on the controller, the default role will be used.

Sent from Nine

thanks a lot to both of you.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: