Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

Posted Jul 09, 2015 12:35 AM

Hi,

I have question about my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR2 (example).

I must be reboot this ap to get normal. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Nada

Aruba.png

• 2.  RE: Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:15 AM

Hi Nada,

Can you put the RAP in debug mode on the controller and check the logs after it gets into this situation?

Is the RAP-109 powered by a power supply or POE? If POE, check the switch. Make sure it is not having power issues.

• 3.  RE: Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

Posted Jul 17, 2015 10:48 PM

Hi Zach,

Oke, i will check logs from controller. And RAP powered by Poe. The controller supply 4 RAP by Poe. Uptime controller maybe is 2 years. Whats lifetime the controller have affect port Poe to supply?

Thanks,

Nada

• 4.  RE: Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi Nada,

Which controller are you using?

The RAPs are directly plugged into the controller? Please clarify.

Did you convert them to campus AP mode?

• 5.  RE: Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR

Posted Jul 20, 2015 11:02 AM
    hi Zach,
    i used controller 650
    the RAP directly plugged to controller, i activate license POE the controller
    and yes i convert RAP to AP campus :)

Best Regard,
    Nada

• 6.  RE: Hi, my RAP109 in my office frequently down and user can't access to RAP109-PWR
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Hi Nada,

I believe it could be one of 3 issues.

1. Problem with the port on the controller (or some other controller issue). Try swapping ports with another RAP109. See if it follows.
    2. Problem with the cabling. Try moving it next to the 650. Plug in with a new cable. Maybe the current cable is Cat5, exceeding length, etc?
    3. There is a problem with the RAP109. Contact Support.

I would process the issue starting with step 1 above.