Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

High Availability in N+1 environment including mesh and bridge mode APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  High Availability in N+1 environment including mesh and bridge mode APs

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:06 PM

Hello,

I've been reading your info on HA. Our set up is Master + standby master with 7 locals (1 of which is a standby local serving no APs). We currently use VRRP for failover, the 1 standby local is backup for all the locals (but only has capacity to cover for one of them going down).

As I understand it HA is not supported for mesh and bridge-mode APs. We have a couple of meshes, and a significant number of APs in bridge mode, does that mean that these APs will not failover at all, or just that they would failover but won't benefit from the advantages of HA?

Our locals all run at close to 100% of their capacity for APs, but our standby local only has capacity to take APs from one of those locals, I notice that in your guide you say the standby local should have capacity for all of the active locals, does this mean that we couldn't use HA at all?

Thank you,

• 2.  RE: High Availability in N+1 environment including mesh and bridge mode APs

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:22 PM
    All your APs setup as either bridge or mesh ?

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: High Availability in N+1 environment including mesh and bridge mode APs

Posted Mar 24, 2017 05:33 PM

No, we only have two meshes (both simple mesh links with a portal and point AP). The majority of our 4,000 APs tunnel back to the controllers, but we do have a significant number of local SSIDs created for customers that need to bridge locally to their LANs for various reasons.